Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Designer: Rachel Roy

Check out the detail on one of my own R R pieces. 
Got to have it.  No question. 
I. Want. This. Dress.
Rachel Roy is easily one of my favorite designers.  I first learned about Rachel when I worked at Oak Hall in Memphis (www.oakhall.com).  I sold her original high-end line, Rachel Roy.  The proud owner of ten of her dresses, I venture to say it would be near impossible to find something of her's I would not adore.  In fact, I'm wearing one of her dresses in the pictures on this site and my "official" site, www.elisev.com. Since my Oak Hall days, Ms. Roy has started a diffusion line, Rachel by Rachel Roy, which is also fabulous (available at Macy's).  Rachel's empire has more recently expanded to include shoes, and she just introduced eyeshadow!  Um, yeah.  I'm gonna need that eyeshadow, like YESTERDAY. (My friends know I LOVE makeup, specifically eyeshadows, and even more specifically, the smokey eyes look.  Rachel is famous for her perfectly imperfect smokey eye). Enough about her designs and business.  Have you seen this woman?  She is jaw-dropping beautiful.  More importantly, she is also beautiful within.  My 105 year old grandmother says, "pretty is as pretty does."  Well, I would say Ms. Roy epitomizes this idea.  Besides being gorgeous and talented, Ms. Roy is a philanthropist, working with several charities including OrphanAid. My friends know that I believe very strongly in giving back, so I love Rachel's quote, "I truly believe that charity = clarity.  Through giving back you gain clarity, peacefulness, happiness, and balance in your own life."  Wow.   And right when I thought I could not admire her more, I read this quote on her website: "My biggest influences are strong, creative women that chart their own path, lead their own lives and drive the course of history."Amen, Sister Rachel, amen.  For everything Rachel Roy, check out www.rachelroy.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment